Lakeshore Computers offers a wide-range of data solutions.
From data backup, data transfer and data recovery, we pretty much have covered when it comes to your data.
Data Backup & Transferring Solutions:
- Exporting files, documents, photos, videos and music to an external hard drive
or media device (USB Thumb Drive, SD Card, DVD Rom, CD Rom)
- Transferring of files, favorites, documents, photos, videos and music from
one computer to another
- Transferring files and programs from old Windows OS to newly installed OS
Custom Built Data Solutions:
- RAID Array configuration
- Custom built NAS (Network Attached Storage) solutions
- Cloud based storage solutions
Data Recovery Solutions:
- Recovery of files that have been deleted and emptied from recycle bin
- Rescuing data from corrupted OS or virus infected computer
- Recovery of files deleted by a virus or Trojan worm
- A file of the same name that has been saved over another important file
- Recovering data from a formatted drive
- Recovery of a hard drive that was formatted and Windows now re-installed
- SD, Micro SD, USB, MMC, Flash memory card data recovery
(This includes deleted photos, videos, files and documents)
Personal Data Transfer
Transferring your data and settings from an old PC to a new PC can be a hassle. Now you have a brand new computer – how do you get all of your files and settings across from the old one to the new one? The task of transferring files and settings to your new PC is a relatively simple one but it can still be a bit daunting at times. You may need to use quite a few CD’s or DVD’s if you have a lot of data including music, movies and photo collections. You can also use an external Hard Drive, USB Pen Drives, existing networking or purchase a special USB data transfer cable to get the job done.
We recommend having a “data game plan” in place. This customized game plan will allow you not only to have your data transferred and backed up, but allow you to have full access to your old documents and files at any time.
Properly Transferring Your Data:
If you’d rather not take on the task of data transfer yourself, we’d be happy to help. We’ll copy your important documents, photo, music and movie collections to the new machine for you with a hassle of fuss. We can also assist with setting your email account/s up and get you connected so you can get on with things.
At the same time, if your old PC is going to go to a new owner you can have us ‘securely wipe’ the hard drive on the old machine so your data is inaccessible. Just ask.
Can programs be copied to the new PC?
Generally, they cannot – you would require the original installation files (usually from a disc or download) to create a fresh installation on the new machine.
Usually we can then copy the data files to the new machine and import them into the program. For example, the data from a Family Tree program could be transferred and imported after installing the program on the new PC. That way you wouldn’t have to manually re-enter all the information you’d put in previously.
What’s the best way to protect my pictures, documents, and computer information?
We recommend having a multi-layered solution to backing up your documents. Often times if you have a single point of failure, or a single place you back up your documents you still run the risk of having a document be lost or destroyed. What is you had a fire or flood in your home? Would you lose all of your photos, videos, and important documents? Let Lakehore Computers show you how you can remain protected with a multi-layered backup solution such as cloud based storage.
Please contact us for more info.Contact Us