What is Spyware/Adware
Spyware/Adware is a type of software that tries to take over and control a computer’s
functionality without ever obtaining administrative permission.
- Changing configurations on your computer
- Collecting your personal information
- Failure to log into computer’s Operating System (OS)
Spyware/Adware threats have now moved ahead of viruses as the number one danger
facing computer users today! Spyware/Adware by design exploits the infected computer for
commercial gain or for the theft of personal information (including financial information such as credit card numbers and banking information). It can also monitor web browsing activity for marketing purposes, while routing www. requests to their very own advertising websites.
Spyware/Adware programs are rarely alone once they have infected a computer. An infested machine usually has multiple infections.
- Slower computer performance
- System wide crashes
- New desktop shortcuts or internet home pages
- Computer screen bombarded with pop-up ads
- New toolbars within internet browsers
- Unwanted CPU activity, disk usage and network traffic
- Difficulty connecting to the internet
- Applications freezing
- Failure to boot into computer’s OS
We will attempt to fully scan your computer and rid it of all Spyware/Adware traces. If that doesn’t work, we will try a deep system scan with an effort to reconstruct your system registry. If all of the above fails, we will wipe and reformat your system’s hard disk while re-installing a fresh copy of your computer’s OS.
Contact Us for a free quote and help with your spywareContact Us